The designer for this scenario is George Kelln of Lone Canuck fame. This time the Americans need to rush to secure a crossroad (big red circle) from the Panzer Lehr division in 7.5 turns.
As the 8th Regiment of the US 4th Divison, my considerations are :
- As ever, I am in a tight race against the clock. Even though my route might be a too oblivious I am going to try to avoid crossing too many Bocages.
- Having said that with 2 dug-in Panthers (which turns from a large target to a small HD target) plus 2 HMGs with 2 “minus 1” leaders. out there I can’t be avoiding so much Bocage that I will be moving in the clear.
- Most of the Germans have better morale than mine, although I have more leaders (not more “minus’s”) and 50% more manpower.
- I should put the mortar platoon on the only high ground I have as overwatch to interdict any lateral movements, although they can easily be attacked by the forward positioned Germans.
- 1 pair of Culin cutters pretty much means I will be digging one path.
- I don’t know what effect the opening bombardment will have but I need to rush as much as the board I can. Hopefully we can make contact before the Germans recover. The tanks won’t be available til Turn 5, so we will be legging it.
Let’s see if all this works out.